Quesadillas with BBQ chicken, fresh apple slices, bacon and plenty of melted cheddar cheese.
2 (10 inch) tortilla
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup chicken, cooked, shredded and warm
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
1/4 of a onion, chopped
1/4 apple, chopped
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
extra virgin olive oil
(add jalapeno for a kick!)
- Chop all filling ingredients and put in a mixing bowl.
- Add BBQ sauce to the mix – don’t add too much. You can always dip!
- Lightly spray EVOO on the outside of the tortilla and put sprayed side down in a pan on medium heat.
- Put filling mix on half the tortilla.
- Once tortilla starts to brown, fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the tortilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.